TFC to support Handloom and Handicraft
Trade Facilitation Centre & Craft Museum is a modern and integrated facility to support Handloom and Handicraft sector of Varanasi by providing platform for trade enhancement,facilitation to both domestic and international buyers and carry forward the rich traditions of Handloom and Handicrafts of Varanasi region.
TRADE FACILITATION CENTRE & CRAFT MUSEUM – Objectives:
1.) Trade Facilitation, export and one-stop shop to domestic enterprise and foreign buyers.
2.) Marketing support to weavers and artisans in National & International markets.
3.) Cultivation and enhancement of rich traditions of crafts of the ancient city of Varanasi.
4.) Platform for showcasing for region’s Handlooms & Handicrafts products.
5.) Linking handloom & handicrafts product promotions with domestic & international tourism
TRADE FACILITATION CENTRE & CRAFT MUSEUM – Background
1 .In the Budget 2014-15, Government of India announced setting up of Trade Facilitation Centre and a Crafts Museum (TFC&CM ) to develop and promote handloom and handicraft products and carry forward the rich tradition of Varanasi.
2. The project has been conceptualized with the following primary objectives:
- Cultivation & enhancement of the rich tradition of crafts of the ancient city of Varanasi.
- Provision of enabling environment & platform for showcasing Brand India handlooms & handicrafts.
- Trade facilitation & provision of supply chain linkages to foreign buyers.
- Development of tourism – both domestic & international.
3. The Centre will have Convention hall of 2000 capacity and one lakh square foot Exhibition space.
TRADE FACILITATION CENTRE & CRAFT MUSEUM – Highlights
(a) Trade Facilitation Centre:
- An innovative facility to provide marketing support to weavers and artisans of Varanasi in national & international markets.
- Effective management of supply chain between foreign buyers and domestic retailers.
- Enabling environment & platform showcasing Brand India Handlooms & Handicrafts.
(b) Crafts Museum:
- To preserve, revive and promote research in handlooms & handicrafts of Varanasi region.
- Linking promotion of handlooms and handicrafts with domestic and international tourism.
TRADE FACILITATION CENTRE & CRAFT MUSEUM – Proposed facilities: (a) Trade Facilitation Centre:
- One stop marketing platform for buying & selling, Convention Centre, Exhibition halls and meeting rooms.
- Trade facilitation advisory services especially export procedures, legal and regulatory requirements, handloom mart etc.
- Video conferencing & audio visual including touch screen.
- Marts / Kiosks for sellers/artisans.
(b) Crafts Museum:
- Demonstration of handloom weaving & handicraft techniques.
- Display galleries.
- Cultural / musical performances on Varanasi tradition for tourist interest.
(c ) Other infrastructure
- Food court specializing in Varanasi region specialties, chaat, sweets, paan etc.
- Fine Dining Restaurants.
- Dormitories /Stay places for expert guests and artisans.