Tejas Express is a semi high speed train
Tejas Express is a semi high speed train having modern on board facilities, enhanced passenger comfort and showcases the future of Train travel in India.
Highlights of Tejas Express
The coaches are manufactured at Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala .
The newly designed coaches are capable of running at a speed of 200 km/h but due to constraints related to rail tracks these coaches will run at a speed of 160 km/h.
Speed potential of 200 Kmph was achieved by providing Steel brake disc, Sintered pads, Electro-pneumatic assist Brake system.
Features of Tejas Train:
- Bio-vacuum toilets (less water consumption and hygienic)
- Water level indicators
- Touchless Water Taps, Soap dispenser
- Marble finish Anti graffiti coating
- Hand dryers
- New design Dust bin
- Vinyl Wrapped specially designed exteriors
- Automatic entrance plug type doors (provides better sound and heat insulation, can be controlled by Guard panel)
- Secured gangways (reduce sound levels, dirt, sand, water ingress, increase passenger safety & Comfort, energy efficiency, elegant design)
- Electro Pneumatic Air brakes
- Fire & smoke detection and suppression system.
- Fire suppression system in Power car.
- CCTV cameras for security
- GPS based Passenger Information display System
- Call bell integrated with berth reading light.
- Digital Destination Boards
- Integrated braille displays
- E-Leather as improved upholstery
- Redesigned backrest with higher height
- Redesigned armrest
- Leg support for Executive Chair Car with gas spring
- Energy Efficient LED Lights
- LED TV with Touch Control for each passenger (with recorded content, can be upgraded to Live TV)
- Provided with USB charging facility
- Tea and Coffee vending machines
- Snack tables
- Local cuisine
- Celebrity Chef Menu