Solar power facilities for Bihar’s high schools

In the first phase, 4,115 schools located in power- starved rural areas, will be equipped with the facility to make optimal use of educational kits

In a first of its kind, the Bihar government has decided to provide solar light facilities to all the secondary schools of the state. This will make these schools, mostly located in rural areas, self-reliant in terms of power.

The centre has approved the state government’s proposal to equip all government – run secondary schools with solar light facility. In the first phase, 4,115 schools will be illuminated with solar lights.

Teaching, mostly in schools located in rural areas, remained affected due to acute power crisis.

Initially only two megawatt would be provided. Each solar light set would cost Rs 5.40 lakh. While 60 per cent of the total cost would be borne by schools, remaining 40 per cent would be sanctioned by the Board.

“The move will not only help the schools maintain teaching standards by making optimal use of educational kits provided by the government but also contribute to the state’s all round development

Related Topics  Bihar bans sale, production of chewable tobacco

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.