Committee to Prepare A Blue print for the Proposed India’s first Women’s Public Sector Bank Constituted
In Budget 2013-14 proposed to set-up India’s First Women’s Bank as a Public Sector Bank.
In order to prepare a Blueprint for the aforesaid Bank, the Ministry of Finance has constituted a Committee as follows:
1. M.B.N. Rao, Ex-CMD, Canara Bank Chairperson
2. M.D. Mallya, Ex-CMD, Bank of Baroda
3. Ms. Jayshree Vyas, MD, SEWA
4. .Arundhati Bhattacharya, MD & CEO, SBI Caps
5. . Usha Ananthasubramaniam, ED, PNB
6. Dr. K. Ramakrishnan, Chief Executive, Indian Banks’ Association
The said Committee is to submit its report by 30th April, 2013. The Finance Minister Shri Chidambaram had also mentioned in his Budget Speech that necessary approvals including banking licence etc, will be obtained by October, 2013. The Bank is expected to start functioning from November, 2013.