Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to facilitate on line procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs.
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) will enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement. It will also provide the tools of e-bidding and reverse e-auction as well as demand aggregation to facilitate the government users to achieve the best value for the money.
DGS&D is taking appropriate actions to align the existing rules to cater to GeM including swift payment to Suppliers / Sellers after successful delivery of Goods & Services. The Proof of Concept (POC) is being developed by DGS&D in association with NeGD (DeitY) for some Goods / Services namely Desktop Computers, Laptops, UPS, Air Conditioners and hiring of transport services.
The POC for GeM will be opened for Central Government Departments and CPSUs located in Delhi / NCR. Depending on the experience, more Goods & Services will be offered and also will be extended to other parts of the country. After comprehensive study through a consultant followed by engaging a Managed Service Provider (MSP), a full-fledged version of GeM is likely to be positioned by March, 2017 by DGS&D.
The purchases through GeM by Government users have been also authorized by Ministry of Finance by adding a new Rule No. 141-A in the General Financial Rules, 2005.
The existing DGS&D RC items can also be utilized by the user Departments as per their choice. DGS&D shall continue to expand its items as a parallel arrangement so that the users have the best options all the time.
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) Advantages For Buyers
- Rich listing of products for individual categories of Goods/Services
- Search, Compare, Select and Buy facility
- Buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
- Transparent and ease of buying
- Continuous vendor rating system
- User-friendly dash board for Buying and monitoring supplies and payments
- Easy Return policy
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) Advantages For Sellers
- Direct access to all Government departments.
- One stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts.
- One stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products / services
- New Product Suggestion facility available to Sellers
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling and monitoring of supplies and payments
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures